Instructor Spotlight- TiaDana Yarn
- How did you get into fitness specifically the formats you teach at Lifemoves like, yoga, Pilates, barre, dance etc.? An old cheer injury to my low back would fire up and leave me in pain, and limping. At the time I had just graduated from college and my manager asked me to come with her to a yoga class. Being 22 I rolled my eyes but agreed. After that first class I as well as my spine were both in love with yoga! I noticed that if I wasn’t consistently practicing my back pain would return. So off to training I went because I knew it would a part of my life forever!
- What do you do for fun? (outside of exercise, etc.) I enjoy hiking trails, riding bikes with my kids and going to the beach!
- Where is your favorite place? Why? Naples Florida is my favorite! My parents lived there for a bit so I got to spend quite a bit of time there. I love the beach and it’s just such a laid back atmosphere, not your typical beach town. Naples has my heart!
- What are some of the most embarrassing things that have happened to you while teaching? I was teaching on a stage and I have flexible ankles that roll easily, so of course it rolled and I went off the side. I hopped back up and finished though, but it was funny and I think I scared a few people!
- What is your favorite healthy food and/or drink? I enjoy cottage cheese with stevia and fresh fruit. Also RX Bars are great to have on hand when you need a quick snack. For a drink I never leave home without a full 32 ounce bottle of water plus a 16 ounce on the side. It’s just a habit now. I also like La Croix if I need something with bubbles.
- What is your favorite treat food and/or drink? I’m an ice cream or cheesecake girl if I want a treat.
- How do you stay motivated? Everyone has days they don’t want to workout. Before becoming a yoga teacher I remember one day I pulled into the gym parking lot and just sat there. I was tired, I didn’t want to go in, I just wanted to go home. Then something hit me and I thought to myself your biggest battle was getting in the parking lot, now just go in! I did and the workout made me feel so much better. Just get to the parking lot of the gym, that’s half the battle!
- Do you have any life hacks that you want to share (specifically things that help you stay on track and make life easy)? I use myfitness pal…I may not complete the diary every day, but I do try to put as much in as possible.