Instructor Spotlight-Kristen RubinoDana Yarn
- How did you get into fitness specifically the formats you teach at Lifemoves like, yoga, Pilates, barre, dance etc.? Honestly, not the healthy fitness sort of way. When my husband and I decided to make the leap and move to GA, I needed a job that would supplement income while pursuing acting. I love fitness but didn’t know what avenue to take. Pilates was the only thing that caught my attention. During my certification I fell in love with it.
- What do you do for fun? (outside of exercise, etc) love, love, love to hike.
- Where is your favorite place? why? any cabin in the mountains. Nature is my sanity.
- What are some of the most embarrassing things that have happened to you while teaching? Completely forgot how to do an exercise correctly, then tried to demonstrate it and still failed.
- What is your favorite healthy food and/or drink? kale, spinach, avocado, pineapple, ginger, honey smoothie.
- What is your favorite treat food and/or drink? chips and salsa
- How do you stay motivated? That’s a tough one. I definitely have my down time when I’m NOT motivated at all. But I try to not stay in that phase for too long. I’m constantly reading the “make me feel better” books, affirmations, and manifesting the positive energy I want to see in my life.
- Do you have any life hacks that you want to share (specifically things that help you stay on track and make life easy)? Read question 7 . I think having a child put things into perspective for me. I used to take life so seriously and put SO much pressure on myself to succeed. Then my daughter came along and succeeding had a whole new meaning. Things that seemed important once were not so important anymore. She makes me want to be a better, more positive human being and I want her to follow in those footsteps. I don’t define myself with a certain religion but I have a buddhist mentality. Be present, show compassion, and learn to love.